Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
The Top Ten Character’s I’d Name My Kids After
This is kind of a funny topic for me because technically I’ve already named one of my kids after a couple fictional characters. I only have one kid so far and this has already happened. So when I saw that it was a rewind week and I missed this topic, I had to use it!
1. Kahlan Amnell – The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind [Okay, so technically I haven’t read this series BUT I did watch The Legend of the Seeker. We had a really hard time thinking of a girls name and when we found out we were having a girl, well we had to think of something. While we were laying in bed thinking about names one night my husband asked about Kahlan for a name (we were watching the series), we both liked it and so that’s what we picked. We did change the spelling to Kailyn though, since it looked nicer and since we only watched the show we didn’t know how it was spelled. When I looked it up I didn’t like it, so we fought over whether it would be spelled with a C or a K, right up until she was out when he told me I could have the K. He must have felt bad for me after my labour..lol]
2. Elizabeth Bennett – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen [I’ve just always like the name Elizabeth since reading this book and watching all of the movies. So yup, Kailyn’s middle name is Elizabeth!
3. James Potter – Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling [Ever since reading Harry Potter when I was younger, I’ve just always wanted to name my son James. Hopefully we have a boy because this is a name that we both agree on for a boy. ]
4. Lily Potter – Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling [One day I decided that I really liked the name Lily for a girl. Then about a year later I realized that my boy name was James and my girl name I wanted for my next one was Lily. James and Lily!! ❤ Unfortunately Chris doesn’t like this one, so it probably won’t be used… 😦 ]
5. Tessa Gray – The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare [This one pretty much just popped into my head and I really like it. I would just want Tessa and not Theresa though because Chris’ aunt is named Theresa.. lol. And it goes with the next middle name I want to use! I will have to see his thoughts on this one!]
6. Jane Bennett/Jane Eyre – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen/Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte [Jane is so nice and kind and a pretty name. This will be a middle name, so Lily Jane or Tessa Jane. I think they both sound nice.]
7. Alice Cullen – Twilight by Stephenie Meyer [How cute is Alice? I love her and would name a girl Alice. Our last name starts with an A though and I don’t want too many vowel sounds for the first letters. So this probably won’t be used.]
Yeah, I only have seven. We plan on having 3 kids right now, hopefully. I am hoping for a boy and another girl. I have no idea what I’d name a second boy, so hopefully I don’t have that problem!